Ms. Kunda Sikazwe
Head of Environment Section
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGIES AND OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY DIVISION
The division of Environmental Technologies and Occupational safety engage itself in matters pertaining to industrial research and development, management of the environmental and ensuring a sound occupational health and safety of the industrial work floor for improved production and well-being of industrial staff
What we do best
1.Research and Development
It is the core activity of the division. Research programmes dealt with include:-
- Value addition to industrial waste streams.
- -conventional waste water treatment system.
- Onsite waste water treatment systems.
- Cleaner production in leather and textile industries.
Include advice to industries on how to manage their resources for optimum production while ensuring minimal environmental pollution.
The division offers services indoor and outdoor environmental quality monitoring for industries, government instituties and individual customers.
Environmental quality monitoring services include Air quality (Particulate metal and gas emissions), noise level, light intensity, ground vibration,heat, wastewater and potable water quality monitoring.
Other services include Environmental Impact assessment and Environmental Auditing.
- Indoor air quality monitoring for steel/ metal, tobacco processing, cement manufacturing industries and mine.
- Waste water monitoring for beverage, tobacco processing, steel/metal industries, breweries and mine.
- Noise level monitoring in in mines, cement, tobacco processing, steel/metal industries.
- Flue gas monitoring in mines, cement, tobacco processing, steel/metal industries.
- Particulate matter monitoring in mines, cement factories, tobacco processing, steel/metal industries.
- Monitoring of biological and chemical quality of sludge from waste water works of some industries.